Friday 17 March 2017

Junk Journal Cover

Hello all you wonderful people
I made something today and want to share the same with you all. I love junk journals and have been making them ever since I was 12. So as per routine, I made one for myself this year and a separate one to record my work....so twice the fun I must say. But then I caught up with work and forgot to decorate the cover.
I am putting this up at Scrapping4fun challenge#86
I found some leisure time on my hands today and decided to decorate my journal cover with some scraps of papers lying about with me like for ever and few holographic sequins which I am sure must be atleast 10 years old......really old stash....We buy and then forget to use them. So after carefully sorting out the good ones from the spoilt ones.....I used them to decorate my cover.....lol....
 I used scraps of papers from Papericious Color Conception paper pack which were lying with me for very long. I do not throw away anything and I have pattern paper scraps lying with me all the time. So, I made the most of it. The flowers are from scraps of cardstocks which is again something I hoard and refuse to throw away. I diecut the flowers using Sizziz dies and the leafy flourish is from Elizabeth Craft Designs Leafy Branch 2.

Did some matting and added details in the center. I added some old sequins and splatters of white paint to bring everything together.
Simple and quick. I did this is 30 mins...and I am super happy with the result. I hope you all like it as much as I do.
Thank you for reading this post and have a great week ahead.

7 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous!! The flowers and leaves are beautiful!! I love the colors and papers you used!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lisa..Ty so much for stopping by. Glad you liked it.
      Hugs

      Delete
  2. Great used of all those Old stash flowers. Lovely cover!
    Thank you for your lovely entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
    Rachelle DT
    http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rachelle...Ty so much fir visiting me. I am much happy using all my scraps...
      Cheers

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made such a beautiful card.
    Thank you for joining us at Scrapping4Fun this week. Hope to see you back here again soon. Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Andreja
      I had much fun playing at scrapping4fun challenge. Ty for visiting me...I will surely be back with new work...
      Hugs

      Delete